This course begins September 9, 2021
The Young Hollywood Actors Workshop focuses on auditioning, monologues, scene work and improvisation techniques specifically designed to accelerate the actors ability to cultivate authentic performances relevant to Hollywood’s industry today. Actors will learn how to professionally adapt their learned skill set to any given role while creating a captivating story unique to their style as an artist.
The Young Hollywood Actors Workshop is for both working and aspiring actors that can commit to an 8-week curriculum.
- 8 workshops (1hr+ per workshop)
- Actors Resource Guide
- Industry Professional Showcase on Week 8 (Agents/Managers/Casting Directors to be in attendance)
Master Acting Coach Richie Chance
The Young Hollywood Actors Workshop is coached by Master Acting Coach, Richie Chance.
Richie Chance began teaching his young actors workshop in 2001 and has years of experience as a child actor himself, in addition to his career as an adult professional actor and acting coach for over 20 years. His three year old daughter, Fiona Nova, also has noteworthy bookings under her belt, including a JEEP Super Bowl commercial.
Richie's love for kids and the craft has made him the go-to on-set coach and master at audition preparation for roles ranging from Disney and Nickelodeon style characters, to more advanced roles in film and television such as Stranger Things, Little Miss Sunshine or I Am Sam.
- For actors ages 13-17 years old
- 8 consecutive Thursdays at 4pm (PST) on Zoom
- Students are expected to attend ALL workshops
- Parents may audit the sessions
- All skill levels welcome - training is uniquely tailored to each actor
- Classes are kept at a maximum of 8 students to ensure the most effective learning experience and personalized attention
- The Young Hollywood Actors Workshop as a prerequisite to join the Young Actors Enrichment Program
We also recommend:
- 1-on-1 mentorship sessions with Richie Chance to review progress, set goals, monologue & audition critique, and/or refine the actors portfolio (headshots, demo reel, resume). *Parents are encouraged to participate if they feel inclined.
It is highly recommended that actors utilize our ongoing Young Actors Enrichment Program once they've graduated from the YHAW to keep their skills sharp with a continuing education.